April 30, 2022
Rehab Dynamics Enhanced Precautions Due to COVID-19
RDI has taken numerous precautions to keep our staff and families safe when they return to the clinic. We want to be able to safely provide needed services and to keep everyone involved healthy. Guidelines from the State of Ohio and the CDC have been monitored and our procedures are continually updated based on their recommendations.
In addition to these steps we have also implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures including the following:
- All staff and family members in the building will be asked to wear a mask. Children who are able to will be encouraged to do so if they are older than 2 and can be removed on their own if necessary.
- During certain speech therapy sessions, it might be necessary for the therapist to demonstrate with her mouth and during that time a mask with a clear barrier may be used or a face shield.
- Our staff is cleaning AND disinfecting frequently touched surfaces /toys during and in between treatment sessions. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, pens, handles, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- A professional cleaning company has been hired to clean and sanitize the clinic on a regular basis. An increased priority will be made to disinfect all surfaces in the clinic.
- An I-Wave filter has been added to all heating and cooling systems to purify the air and reduce pathogens, allergens, and particles.
- Purchased UV Light Sanitizer Wands to use on toys, equipment, and other items to reduce harmful bacteria, germs, viruses, or allergens.
- Contracted with a commercial cleaning company for cleaning and disinfecting products that have been tested to be safe and effective against contaminants to use at all times when cleaning and sanitizing
- Limited the number of therapists, family members, and children in the building at any one time
- Individual treatment rooms are used for each child and family
- Staff are encouraged to maintain social distancing in office or common areas to minimize any exposure
- Established a traffic flow pattern so that individuals in the building will not be in each other’s space and can more easily maintain social distancing
- Arranged for outdoor areas for treatment sessions so that larger spaces are available and children can get some more physical activity but keep a safe distance apart
- Feeding sessions will be done with only foods that families bring to the sessions or are pre-packaged
Suggested Family Precautions and Attendance Guidelines:
- Work to help your child learn to block their cough or sneeze by bringing their elbow area up towards their face to decrease droplets. Help them learn about masks and how to wear one in public places to keep them and others safe.
- Practice frequent hand washing for a full 20 seconds with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Families are asked to notify us 24 hrs. in advance if their child is ill and will not be attending a therapy session. A child, and the accompanying caregiver, must be symptom-free (ex: diarrhea, pink eye, lice etc. ) and fever free (less than 100 degrees) for 24 hrs. without medications. Please DO NOT bring a sick child to therapy, or bring them if you are sick. If you have any questions about this please feel free to contact our office. During this time, we are doing our best to reschedule sessions when possible.
- Please notify our office immediately if you, your child, or an immediate family member have:
- Been directly exposed to COVID-19 and are under a self-quarantine due to this exposure.
- A confirmed case of COVID-19.